- O'Connor, Eloise
- O'Connor, Mary Frances+
- O'Connor, Mary (Mae) Austin+
- O'Connor, Jerome Donald+
- O'Connor, Michael Austin+
- O'Connor, Theresa Mary+
- O'Connor, Aileen Anna+
- O'Connor, Joseph Gerald+
- O'Connor, Helen Gertrude+
- O'Connor, John Vincent+
- O'Connor, Cyril Thomas (Tommy)+
Doyle, Mary Teresa
- Born: 28 Jul 1875, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Marriage: O'Connor, Jerome on 17 Feb 1903
- Died: 12 Mar 1956, Detroit, Michigan
- Buried: Freelton, Ontario, Canada
Mary Theresa kept a diary and the following excerpts are taken from it: "First went to Loretto Convent, Guelph on September 1, 1891, received blue ribbon December 10, 1891, received gold medal for English literature June 1892, received gold medal for composition June, 1893, left July 1893."
In the picture on the left is Jerome O'Connor and Mary Teresa Doyle. In the picture on the right you have Mary Teresa Doyle and her five boys - J. Gerald, J.Vincent, C.Thomas, J. Donald, amd M.Austin
On 17 Feb 1903 when she was 27, she married Jerome O'Connor in The Church of Our Lady, Guelph. Jerome, who was born in Trafalgar 27 Nov 1870, was a farmer in Freelton and was the son of Michael 0'Connor and Frances Donahue. This is the newspaper account of the wedding:
"A perfect winter's day lent its charm to a stylish wedding which was solemnized at The Church of Our Lady, Guelph, on Tuesday, February 17, 1903. The bride, Miss Mary Doyle of Puslinch is the oldest daughter of Mr. M.P. Doyle and is an accomplished, amiable young lady, having graduated from Loretto Academy, Guelph a few years ago. She is a great favourite with her many friends. The groom, Mr. Jerome O7Connor, is a son of Mr. M. O'Connor of Freelton and is a highly respected man.
"Precisely at 9 a.m. the bride entered the Church with her father, the organ meantime pealing forth the joyous strains of the Wedding March. She was prettily and gracefully attired in cream white suriah silk, the train and skirt having heavy folds, and the bodice trimmed with lace. She wore a veil caught with orange blossoms and carried in her hand a white prayer-book. The bridesmaid was the groom's sister, Miss Louise O'Connor of the Conservatory of Music, Toronto. She was gowned in a stylish costume of Bisque silk, the touched skirt having a shirred flounce, and the waist opened over a sky blue satin front, covered with sequin net and trimmed with sequin applique. She wore a cream picture hat with plumes and carried a basket of daffodils and tulips. Mr. Thomas Doyle, brother of the bride, attended the groom. Mr. John Dooley, merchant, and Mr. J. O'Donohue of the Inland Revenue, both of Guelph, acted as ushers. Rev. Father Kenney, S.J. performed the wedding ceremony in the presence of many spectators and the guests who were the relatives and a few intimate friends of the contracting parties.
"After the ceremony, all drove to Borris, the home of the bride's father, where Mr. and Mrs. 0'Connor received the congratulations of their friends and where all enjoyed a bountiful dinner. The decorations at the house were pretty. The dining room was draped in smilax and maiden hair fern and dotted here and there with carnations. The tables have centre pieces of smilax entwined with tulips and daffodils. The effect was beautiful. Mr. and Mrs. O'Connor left on the 2:45 train for Detroit and Windsor amid the good wishes of their many friends.
"The bride's going away dress was a crushed nut brown skirt and a biscuit silk blouse trimmed with medallions and yellow velvet ribbon. Her coat, the gift of her father, was a Wappalu fur with fruit and foliage and a drapery of lace. The presents were costly and up-to-date. We join in wishing them a happy and prosperous future. They will be home to their friends at their home in Freelton after March 1."
In November of 1929, Mary, Jerome and family moved to Detroit where some of the older children were living. This is the newspaper article written upon their moving:
"The residents of the village of Puslinch and vicinity met in the Parish Hall, Freelton, on Thursday, November 21, to bid farewell and God-speed to Mr. and Mrs. Jerome O'Connor and their family who leave this week to take up their residence in Detroit, Michigan. As esteemed members of the community for many years they have endeared themselves by their friendly association and kind cordial relations with every member, and it was feelings of great regret that the people met to say farewell. A very touching address was read by Miss Lena Williamson and Rev. Dean Holm, pastor of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Freelton, testified to the esteem in which they were held by the members of his parish. Then Miss Bertha Costello presented them with a beautiful silver service and a substantial purse. Mr. O'Connor very feelingly replied after which an enjoyable time was spent on games and music. Mr. and Mrs. 0'Connor leave with the best wishes of all for every happiness and prosperity in their new home."
In 1953, Mary and Jerome celebrated their golden wedding by attending a Mass of Thanksgiving in St. Gemma's Church, Detroit. At this time, they had 45 grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
Jerome died 7 Dec 1953 in Detroit and his body was brought back to Freelton to be buried beside Eloise in the Mount Carmel Cemetery. Mary died 12 Mar 1956 and was also brought back to rest beside her husband and daughter.
Mary married Jerome O'Connor on 17 Feb 1903. (Jerome O'Connor died on 7 Dec 1953 in Detroit, Michigan and was buried in Freelton, Ontario, Canada.)